Monday, December 14, 2015

Ice Station Zombie by JE Gurley


I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead and Z Nation on TV, so I thought why not try reading a zombie-themed book?  I liked how the novel took place in Antarctica and Australia--for whatever reason, I don't really read much that takes place on either continent.  I also grew to love the characters, which makes me excited for the sequel (although I do believe the second novel follows a different set of people).

I will definitely be looking into more from this author!

Synopsis:  A government experiment gone wrong has resulted in the zom-pocalypse taking over the world.  Two men in Antarctica work to try to escape ground zero, while other survivors in Australia fight to stay alive.  Those who are still alive are losing their minds, and it is difficult to decide who can be trusted.

Rating: 4 stars - I would recommend it to a fan of zombie stories.  I found myself thinking things like, "hmm, something like this happened in The Walking Dead...," but then also acknowledged that it was different.  I mean, there are only so many ways the zom-pocalypse can be written and I thought this was pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment