Sunday, December 20, 2015

Out of Boneville (Bone Vol. 1) by Jeff Smith


This graphic novel is the beginning of a 9 volume journey following three cousins who have been exiled form Boneville.  I'm going to be honest, I picked it up because the characters looked cute and I've seen it around so much that I figured it had to be good.  Then, once I started reading it, I was surprised to find that I was having a difficult time getting through it.  The first chapter was slow and I did not like the dialogue--it was hard to read and I couldn't find the flow.  I actually considered giving up on it, but I don't like unfinished books (even if I have to force myself through them).

I am so glad that I kept going!  The book ended up being super cute and funny, with a lot of adventure.  The three cousins get separated for a while (which I liked because we got to focus on the most tolerable Bone first), but then meet up again and get into all sorts of trouble.  I can't wait to read the second volume next.

I would rate this 5 stars and if the rest of the series is as good, I would be interested in collecting the rest of the volumes on my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment